Sunday, February 13, 2011

What is Love....

It is Valentine's weekend and of course I am thinking about my sweetheart and how much I love him.  
Almost 11 years ago he asked me if I would be his "Gardner"...I have been head over heals since!!  I am so lucky to have a man that will do anything to take care of me and the kids!  I am blessed to have someone that loves me unconditionally through all my good days and my PULL MY HAIR OUT days.  

And when I think of love I think of my boys...my boys are both amazing little dudes!  
N has a nack for sharing and is so good at making sure everyone is happy...he doesn't want to leave anyone out.  

A is my charmer.  He knows what to say to make me feel good.  Last night for example, my hubby and I  went to a Stake Valentines Dinner and Dance.  I was getting ready and came walking out feeling frustrated with my outfit and hair not doing what I told it to do when A said, "Mom, I really like your hair like that!"  How sweet is he!!  

As I was thinking about all those dear to me I began to think about the meaning of love...

What does LOVE mean...
To have strong affection for someone or something.  

So how can I show my Heavenly Father how much I love Him?  

I thought of the Hymn 
"Love One Another"  

As I have loved you,
Love one another.
This new commandment:
Love one another.
By this shall men know
Ye are my disciples,
If ye have love
One to another.

By keeping the commandments and serving those around us we will be showing how much we Love our brothers and sisters and that alone shows how much we love our Father.


President Monson said...
"Love is the catalyst that causes change. Love is the balm that brings healing to the soul. But love doesn’t grow like weeds or fall like rain. Love has its price. “God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:16). That Son, even the Lord Jesus Christ, gave His life that we might have eternal life, so great was His love for His Father and for us.

I extol those who, with loving care and compassionate concern, feed the hungry, clothe the naked, and house the homeless. He who notes the sparrow’s fall will not be unmindful of such service."
Thomas S. Monson, "The Doorway of Love", Liahona, Oct. 1996

This time of year when we are all showing love for our Valentines
...let us also serve our fellowmen.


Monica...an ordinary MORMON MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment