Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where were you?

I was awoken with a call from my mom to turn on my tv.
I had been up that night with my 3 month old baby boy.  
I sleepily got up and turned on the TV...
I was horrified.
I was glued to that TV screen and remember watching the second plane hit...
Then watching the footage over and over again...
I couldn't even believe what I was watching...could this be real life?  
How could someone do this to another human?  
I was saddened that day for not only Americans but for our entire human race.

We had a temple trip planned for that afternoon 
and it would be the first time I had left my first baby with anyone...
I was terrified to leave him and went back and forth on weather to leave him or to just stay home... 
but came to the conclussion that it was important that we go.  

I was in shock until I walked into the temple that day.  
There was such peace as we entered that holy place.  
I was so impressed with the temple workers.  
They were a source of strength that day to the many people who came there.
My testimony was strengthened that day.
I realized then that there was a bigger picture to this life 
and that was the reason I was there on that day.  

My thoughts and prayers are with the survivors of that horrific day.  
I am thankful everyday for those men and women who serve me and my country 
to give us the freedoms that we have.  
I could never thank them enough for the service they provide.  
I am also thankful for their families and the sacrifice they make 
and the struggle it is sending a loved one to war.  
Thank you!  
Let us all take a moment on this Patriots Day 
to pause and be thankful for the life we are lucky to live.

Where were you?

1 comment:

  1. I remember calling all my children....I couldn't believe it was happening. I felt it was my Pearl Harbor. How sad it was here and how busy heaven must have been. I thought of all the service men and women plus the first reponders that protect and serve. What an awesome county we live in. United we stand!

    ReplyDelete